Pacific FC continues to stock its roster for the 2021 Canadian Premier League soccer season. The four player signings announced last week brings the total to 10 under contract. (Black Press Media file photo)

Pacific FC continues to stock its roster for the 2021 Canadian Premier League soccer season. The four player signings announced last week brings the total to 10 under contract. (Black Press Media file photo)

Pacific FC adds four more players to 2021 roster

Midfielder Marco Bustos, finalist for CPL MVP, has yet to confirm return

Pacific FC has added four players back to their roster for the 2021 season, as announced in their latest re-signing Friday.

The Canadian Premier League soccer team has resigned Alejandro Diaz, Kadin Chung, Jukas MacNaughton and Thomas Meilleur-Giguère, bringing the team to 10 players under contract for the upcoming season.

Pacific FC finished in fourth place amongst eight teams in the Canadian Premier League after the Island Games over the summer.

Coach Pa-Modou Kah calls Diaz as a “fantastic professional and a humble person” who has improved since signing in 2020 from Club America, one of the biggest soccer clubs in Mexico.

Chung, a 22-year-old defender, first signed to the club in 2019. The Port Coquitlam native has had a solid performance at the Island Games in Prince Edward Island over the summer where he made appearances on the field for all except one match.

Kah said fellow defenders MacNaughton and Meilleur-Giguère, who both stand more than six feet tall, fill out Pacific’s backline.

READ MORE: Pacific FC partners with Sooke School District soccer academies

This comes after the team already re-signed Marcel de Jong, Jordan Haynes, Matthew Baldisimo, Josh Hear and Sean Young in late October.

They also signed Manuel Aparicio. The former captain of York9 FC in Ontario scored two goals at this year’s Island Games in Prince Edward Island over the summer. The 25-year-old was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina but raised in Toronto.

The CPL is projected to start its third season in spring 2021.

ALSO READ: Belmont grad signs with Pacific FC


 

Do you have a story tip? Email: vnc.editorial@blackpress.ca.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.

aaron.guillen@goldstream gazette.com

Pacific FCsoccer

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Sipili Molia, regional kettle manager, shows off the Salvation Army’s new contactless donation system for the 2020 Christmas Kettle Campaign outside municipal hall on Dec. 1. (Devon Bidal/News Staff)
VIDEO: Tech offers hope as Salvation Army sees need skyrocket across B.C.

Charity is equipping hundreds of kettles across B.C. with ‘touchless giving technology’

Kathy MacNeil, president and chief executive officer of Island Health, Dawn Thomas, acting deputy health minister and Island Health’s vice president, Indigenous health and diversity and Chief Don Tom of Tsartlip First Nation, stand out Saanich Peninsula Hospital Tuesday morning, when they also answered questions about a new report that “widespread systemic racism against Indigenous people” in the provincial health care system. (Island Health/Submitted)
Head of Island Health says Saanich Peninsula Hospital not part of racist guessing game

Tsartlip First Nations Chief Don Tom welcomes changes following report but promises future scrutiny

The Capital Regional District and the Habitat Acquisition Fund have agreed to partner on the purchase of the $3.4-million Mountain View Forest in Saanich to establish a new regional park. (Photo courtesy the Habitat Acquisition Trust)
CRD, Habitat Acquisition Trust to spend $3.4M on 20-hectare forest park in Saanich

Mountian Road Forest property to be conserved as regional park

Caroline Sousa, Bela Spick and her son Mateo marched along Prospect Lake Road in November 2019 to bring attention to the unsafe conditions on the road. (Black Press Media file photo)
Saanich reduces Prospect Lake Road speed limit to 30 km/h

New speed limit in effect as of Dec. 1 from Goward Road to Estelline Road

Royal Bay Secondary’s leadership class, comprised of Grade 9 through 12 students, is part of the student team organizing this year’s 10,000 Tonight event that shifts entirely online for 2020. (Aaron Guillen/News Staff)
West Shore student food drive shifts entirely online

Drive-thru option removed from 10,000 Tonight in light of COVID-19 restrictions

A tongue-in-cheek message about wearing a face mask to curb the spread of COVID-19 on a sign outside a church near Royal Columbia Hospital, in New Westminster, B.C., on Sunday, Nov. 29, 2020. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Darryl Dyck
B.C.’s COVID-19 infection count climbs back up to 656

20 more people in hospital, active cases still rising

Dave Wallace coached the Parksville Royals for 23 years. (PQB News file photo)
B.C. baseball community mourns death of legendary Vancouver Island coach Dave Wallace

‘All who knew Dave and his passion for the game will miss him greatly’

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Nathan Denette
B.C. researchers launch study to test kids, young adults for COVID-19 antibodies

Kids and youth can often be asymptomatic carriers of the novel coronavirus

A sign is seen this past summer outside the Yunesit’in Government office west of Williams Lake reminding visitors and members to stay safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic. (Rebecca Dyok photo)
B.C. First Nation leaders await privacy commissioner decision on COVID-19 information

Release of life-saving data cannot wait, says coalition of First Nations

MLA Jennifer Whiteside is B.C.’s new minister of education. She is speaking out against Chilliwack school trustee Barry Neufeld and asking him to resign. (Black Press)
New education minister calls on Chilliwack trustee to resign

Whiteside echoes former minister’s promise to look at options to remove Barry Neufeld

Peter Beckett. ~ File photo
Supreme Court of Canada to decide if it will hear appeal in 2010 wife murder trial

Peter Beckett has stood trial twice for murder in connection with the death of his wife, Laura Letts-Beckett

Tabor Home in Abbotsford. (Ben Lypka/Abbotsford News)
B.C.’s largest COVID-19 care-home outbreak records 19 deaths, 147 cases

Tabor Home in Abbotsford has been battling outbreak since Nov. 4

Most Read