Many people are understandably upset by Donald Trump’s unexpected victory over Hillary Clinton.
Still, let’s not sink into a state of constant, unrelieved gloom, but rather think of all those who will benefit and prosper from a Trump presidency:
1) The world’s editorial cartoonists.
2) Homicidal maniacs – their guns won’t be taken from them.
3) President Kim Jong-un of North Korea – he’ll no longer be lonely by virtue of being the only lunatic in command of a nuclear power.
4) Rich and powerful Caucasian males who will henceforth be able to grope any female of their choosing with impunity.
5) Vladimir Putin – he’ll no longer have to conceal his political and financial ties to Mr. Trump.
I’m sure that your readers will be able to make many additions to the above list.
See, it’s not so bad after all…
Ironically, it appears that one of Mr. Trump’s allegations was perfectly true – that the election was “rigged.”
It most certainly was – by the Republican Party and FBI Director James Comey, a registered Republican who has made major financial contributions to his party.
Surely, one must speculate concerning foxes and henhouses.
John C. Simpson