Fire causes minor damage to store

Generator catches fire at Foul Bay Road Save-On-Foods Wednesday morning

Fire inspector Steve Meikle of the Victoria Fire Department photographs the scene of a small fire at the Save-on-Foods on Foul Bay Road.

A generator caught fire in the refrigerator compressor room at the Save-on-Foods at 1950 Foul Bay Rd. on Wednesday morning.

Three Victoria Fire Department trucks were at the scene at 6:37 a.m. and the fire was knocked down by 7:20 a.m., according to Graham Humber, dispatcher.

The level of damage was minor and contained to the back room with the generator, said Overwaitea Food Group media relations.

The number of employees in the store at the time is unknown, but Humber said the fire was reported by a staff member. No injuries were reported from the incident.

The store opened around 9:30 a.m. as opposed to the usual 9 a.m.

 

editor@oakbaynews.com